| back to the list by Countries |
You have a question OR A COMMENT ? a News OR EVENT to share ? Send us an Email
Founded : 2012
Headquarters : Israel, Ness Ziona
MaaS Operation(s) : World
Acquired by : Intel (May 2020)
Moovit is one app for all your urban mobility and transit rides.
Transportation is an integral part of urban living. Whether you ride the train, subway, bus, light rail, ferry or metro, use dockless scooters, bikes, ride-sharing like Uber, getting the best urban mobility information is critical. Enter Moovit! Moovit guides you from point A to B in the easiest and most efficient way. Get train and bus times, maps, and real-time arrival times with ease so you can plan your trip with confidence. Find critical alerts and service disruptions for your favorite lines. Get step-by-step directions of optimal route bus, train, metro, bike, scooter or a combination of them.
Moovit guides more than 720 million users in over 3000 cities throughout the world. Commuters will find updated bus times and train times, transit maps, and, where available, real-time line arrivals. Locate nearby bus stops and train stations, travel with on-the-go live navigation guidance, receive get-off alerts at your destination to ensure a smooth ride. This is why Moovit has been named one of the best apps of the year in 2017 by the App Store.
Moovit is your personal assistant for all your transit rides!
- Real time arrivals. View real-time arrival updates, which are taken directly from GPS devices positioned on buses and trains. Avoid wasting time guessing train times or bus times.
- Real time alerts. Know about issues ahead of time by receiving service alerts such as emergency or unexpected disruptions, delays, traffic jams, new construction, and more so that you can plan ahead if your bus time or train time changed.
- Live Directions. Get step-by-step bus directions and other transit directions with live guidance from A-to-B: Know how long you need to walk to your station, view the arrival time of your line, receive get-off alerts at your destination, and more.
- Users reports. Moovit’s users report issues found with stations, line service, and schedules so that we can inform all nearby riders about what’s going on in their area.
- Favorite lines, stations, and places. Get easy access to lines, stations, and places you ride and visit all the time. Plus, get real-time updates if/when there are changes to your favorite lines in case your bus time or train time is impacted!
- Bike routes. Get bike routes in addition to the bus, subway, train, or metro trip plans. If you ride bikes (yours or shared) we can plan a route that includes the train or bus. Moovit will help you plan a trip that meets your transit-needs. Bike docking stations are updated in real-time. Bike trip plans are only available in supported metro areas.
- Maps view. Interested in seeing the whole picture? View all stations, routes, and lines on the subway or bus map. Additionally, maps are available in PDF for when you’re offline, or underground on the subway.
Moovit is the #1 urban mobility app in the world. We’re proud to collaborate with public transit agencies across the United States, including:
- NJ Transit
- LA Metro
- SFMTA Muni
- MTA Maryland
- Sound Transit
You only need one app on your phone to navigate nearby buses and transit in the U.S. and across 98 other countries and in 45 languages. If you’d like to know bus times and train times in London, Barcelona, Madrid, or Rome, or, if you need to find out when the last bus leaves a certain bus stop in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Melbourne, Seoul, Moovit has you covered. You ride, we guide!
News & Articles
2020 – 078 – 01 ( Moovit and Cubic Further Bridge the ‘Look, Book and Pay’ Process for Transit Riders) – by Moovit
2020 – 05 – 20 ( Moovit + Mobileye = revolutionize urban mobility!) – by Moovit
2020 – 05 – 21 – VIDEO – Mobility Talks – Moovit – Nir EREZ, Founder and CEO